Bernal Heights is known for its local community residents who love the bountiful sunshine and the vibrant village feel of this quaint residential neighborhood nestled into the hillsides. Notably, it is surrounded and crowned by Bernal Heights Park, a vast 30-acre open space which is a haven for dog lovers, walkers, and vista seekers. From the top, you can easily see 360-degree views of Noe Valley, Downtown, Potrero Hill and the Bay. Bernal’s main drag is Cortland Avenue and features unique homey shops, specialty groceries, and quaint cafes with delicious food. The Bernal community throws an annual village garage sale, an annual derby race, and a street festival with music, games, grub, and goods for all.
What You’ll Love
- Recently renovated Holly Park and Precita Park to picnic and play
- Curated shops on Cortland Avenue including Succulence and Epicurean
- Friendly residents you’ll find outside Martha & Bros coffee or in the back room at Bare Bottle
- Many sunny days without our marine fog
- Downtown views from the North Slope
Photo Credit: Open Homes Photography