Eureka Valley has many hilly, tree-lined streets and is a typical San Francisco neighborhood. The closer you get to the well-known historic Castro epicenter at 18th and Castro streets, the livelier things get. Classic Victorian homes outnumber other types of buildings, and stunning modern contemporaries share space with them on most blocks, and any homes feature unbeatable views of Downtown, Twin Peaks, the City, and the Bay. The exclusive Eastern Slope of Eureka Valley is called Liberty Hill, and here lie the best views of Downtown San Francisco.
As the neighborhood has evolved, more and more young families have been migrating to this district for its energy, spectacular views, and convenience. There is an abundance of transportation in all directions with Muni lines running under Market Street from the Bay to the Ocean, past Twin Peaks and beyond. Surface transport options include the historical streetcars on Market Street for the Old School-at-Heart.
What You’ll Love
- The proximity of all parts of the city from this central location full of transportation
- The liveliness of the commercial corridor with tons of shops and restaurants
- The timeless feel of the Castro Theater, which hosts a variety of shows and special events
- Indoor-outdoor seating at almost every eatery to enjoy the sun, including the popular Starbelly
- Being greeted by incredible views from many vistas and streets once you hike up some steep hills
Photo Credit: Open Homes Photography